Warren Buffett quotes /warren Buffett sayings
Warren Buffett quotes
Warren Edward Buffett was born on August 30, 1930. He is an American wealthy businessman and philanthropist. He is widely considered the most successful investor of the 20th century. Buffett is the primary shareholder, chairman, and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and consistently ranked among the world’s wealthiest people.
He was ranked as the world’s wealthiest person in 2008 and as the third wealthiest person in 2011. In 2012, American magazine Time named Buffett one of the most influential people in the world.
Buffett was born in Omaha, Nebraska. He developed an interest in business and investing in his youth, eventually entering the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania in 1947 before transferring and graduating from the University of Nebraska at the age of 19.
He went on to graduate from Columbia Business School, where he molded his investment philosophy around the concept of value investing that was pioneered by Benjamin Graham.
He attended New York Institute of Finance to focus his economics background and soon after began various business partnerships, including one with Graham. He created Buffett Partnership, Ltd in 1956 and his firm eventually acquired a textile manufacturing firm called Berkshire Hathaway, assuming its name to create a diversified holding company.
In 1978, Charlie Munger joined Buffett and became vice-chairman of the company. Here are some short positive quotes and sayings by Warren Buffett.
- Rule No.1: Never lose money. Rule No.2: Never forget rule No.1.
- Wall Street is the only place that people drive to in a Rolls Royce to take advice from people who ride the subway. (Warren Buffett quotes)
- Diversification is protection against ignorance. It makes little sense if you know what you are doing.
- The fact that people will be full of greed, fear, or folly is predictable. The sequence is not predictable.
- When a management with a reputation for brilliance tackles a business with a reputation for bad economics, it is usually the reputation of the business that remains intact.
- I try to buy stock in businesses that are so wonderful that an idiot can run them. Because sooner or later, one will.
- If a business does well, the stock eventually follows.
- I like to go for cinches. I like to shoot fish in a barrel. But I like to do it after the water has run out.
- In the business world, the rear-view mirror is always clearer than the windshield.
- The investor of today does not profit from yesterday’s growth.
- There seems to be some perverse human characteristic that likes to make easy things difficult.
- Time is the friend of the wonderful company, the enemy of the mediocre.
- Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
- If past history was all there was to the game, the richest people would be librarians.
- I buy expensive suits. They just look cheap on me. (Warren Buffett quotes)
- I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.
- Never invest in a business you can’t understand.
- I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.
- The only value of stock forecasters is to make fortune-tellers look good.
- I don’t look to jump over 7-foot bars: I look around for 1-foot bars that I can step over.
- Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.
- Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.
- Whether we’re talking about socks or stocks, I like buying quality merchandise when it is marked down.
- Without passion, you don’t have energy. Without energy, you have nothing.
- It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that you’ll do things differently. You never know who’s swimming naked until the tide goes out.
- Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people.
- It’s better to hang out with people better than you. Pick out associates whose behavior is better than yours and you’ll drift in that direction.
- You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant.
- When you combine ignorance and leverage, you get some pretty interesting results.
- Never ask a barber if you need a haircut. (Warren Buffett quotes)
For more about Warren Buffett quotes, check this website.
Here are some extremely valuable investment quotes