Sentences and examples can help you remember verbs, words in general. What is a verb and what is a verb example?
A verb is a word or a group of words that expresses a state (such as love, want, agree, dislike, exist, etc.), an action (such as play, eat, work, go, jump, drink, throw, catch, etc.), or an event (such as happen, occur, etc.).
Useful Verb Sentences Examples
100 Examples of Verb in Sentences/List of Verbs in a Sentence Examples
Here are a bunch of verb examples sentences that will enrich your English vocabulary. This verb examples list goes from easy to difficult. What are some examples of verbs?
Verb Examples in Sentences /Example Sentences List
These verb sentences examples have verbs in the present simple, present perfect, and past simple.
- My father is an engineer. He works for a multinational company.
- He reads books every day.
- He writes a lot of emails in the evening.
- She is still single. She isn’t married.
- I agree with you.
- I disagree with you.
- I have a cute cat.
- My cat likes playing with toys.
- I have 4 children.
- We live in an apartment in the city center.
- I go to work by bus.
- It’s time to begin work.
- We usually start work at 9 o’clock.
- We often finish work at noon.
- How long does it take you to get to work?
- It takes me around half an hour to get to school.
- I go to bed at 10 p.m.
- I get up at 6 o’clock every morning.
- I have (= eat) breakfast at 7 o’clock.
- I leave home at 8.30 a.m.
Verb Examples Sentences
- My father drives me to school every day because it is far from our house.
- My mother tidies up the house at the weekend.
- My older brother takes out rubbish every day.
- We do sport twice a week.
- She watches films at night.
- Personally, I believe that social media has more disadvantages than advantages.
- Good students work hard.
- Good students never forget to do their homework.
- Students should revise their lessons before exams.
- If you work hard, you will pass the exam.
- If you don’t prepare well for the exam, you may fail it.
- We are taking an exam tomorrow.
- She has to study very hard for the test tomorrow.
- I speak four languages. I am a polyglot.
- Lazy students hate school. They don’t like it.
- They dislike revising for exams.
- Lazy students waste a lot of time on social media.
- Hard-working students believe that time is precious, that‘s why they don’t waste it.
- When I am too busy, I eat out.
- It is important to eat vegetables and fruits.
- It is really important to wear a helmet when you are riding a bike
Verb Examples List
- I usually go out or visit friends at the weekend.
- I visit my grandparents at weekends.
- I meet my friends after work.
- When I travel to a foreign country, I always stay at a hotel.
- I feel hungry. I need to buy some food.
- To travel to another country, you need a passport.
- Wood does not sink in water. It floats.
- Flowers grow better in spring.
- The sun rises in the East.
- The sun sets in the West.
- A fish can swim.
- If you cut your finger, it will bleed.
- If you don’t change your eating habits, you will get fat.
- It is very cold today. You should wear your coat.
- Birds breed in the spring.
- The cat is running after the mouse.
- The cat is creeping silently towards the bird.
- My friend, Tim, is in hospital. He suffers from a serious illness.
- I swear to tell the truth.
- To avoid procrastination, you should make plans.
- The telephone has been ringing for minutes.
Useful Verb Sentences Examples
Sentences list of example/List of example sentences with verbs in the past.
- My doctor advised me to give up (= stop) smoking.
- You had better see a dentist.
- He was very fast and won the race.
- When the child dropped the glass, it broke.
- He jumped on his horse.
- Good management can help your business thrive.
- He hit his opponent on the face.
- He forsook (= abandoned) his bad friends.
- He ate out with friends last weekend.
- I chatted to my brother who lives in North Vancouver online last night.
- We went on a trip last holiday.
- I bought a new computer. It cost me a lot of money.
- Shakespeare wrote many plays.
- She put on a lot of weight last year so she went on a diet.
- The teacher told us to go out.
- He asked me to open the window as it was too hot.
- Because I was thirsty, I drank a lot of water.
- I have never tried skiing.
- When my dad was a student, he took part in many competitions.
- People should not pollute the sea. They should protect the environment.
- 20 people were killed in the explosion.
- He painted the room all by himself.
- When she arrived at the airport, the plane had taken off.
- He took off his shoes as soon as he sat down.
- The dog tried to catch the birds, but they flew away.
- Yesterday we went to the cinema and saw a great movie.
- When the telephone rang, I was reading a book.
- He killed his enemy and fled. (= ran away).
- She made a lot of efforts to overcome her difficulties.
- The security guard forbade some boys from entering the park.
- My classmate and I borrowed some books from the library last week.
- My classmate and I made a good presentation yesterday.
10 Examples of Verb Sentences in Present Perfect/ Verb Sentences Examples
Here are some 10 present perfect verbs in a sentence examples
- I have been to Australia twice. (= I visited Australia two times. I am not in Australia now)
- I have gone to Australia. (= I am either in Australia or still on my way to Australia)
- She has hurt herself.
- We have cut the grass. The garden looks wonderful.
- We have bought a new car.
- I have decided to take up Chinese.
- Trees have shed their leaves.
- She has hurt herself.
- We have lived here for fifteen years. How long have you lived in this beautiful village?
- Tom has lost his job in a factory. He is jobless now.
Useful Verb Sentences Examples in the Continuous Form
- They are swimming in the swimming pool now.
- He is taking photos in a beautiful garden.
- She is writing an article right now.
- Look! They are running to the bus.
- Listen! Birds are singing.