Simple present tense
Simple present tense examples:
- I work as a teacher.
- Sandra works for a multinational company.
- She has some good colleagues.
- Tom works in New York.
- He watches videos on YouTube every day.
- She goes to work every morning.
- Sandra and Tom work for the same company.
- I don’t like my job.
- She doesn’t go to work on foot.
- He doesn’t speak Chinese well.
- They don’t play chess.
- In positive sentences with he/she/it, we add –s or –es to the infinitive.
- In negative sentences with he/she/it, we use doesn’t (= does not) + infinitive.
- In negative sentences with I/you/we/they, we use don’t (= do not) + infinitive.
- The verb ‘have’ is irregular. He/she/it has…
Third-person singular spelling rules
- He’s a mechanic. He fixes cars.
- She kisses her mom before going to school every morning.
- Nancy watches movies in the evening.
- Tim washes his hands before eating his meals.
Here are some perfect tenses in English:
Present perfect tense: Examples and important uses
Past Perfect tense:
Learn English online with Englishdotcom