Teaching quotes and quotes about teachers can be very inspirational quotes for teachers who need to be motivated and inspired to do their noble job.
In this post, we’ll list some of the best teaching quotes in English. They are said to inspire teachers.
Teaching is only demonstrating that it is possible. Learning is making it possible for yourself.Paulo Coelho
Teaching is not a profession; it’s a passion.Unknown
I am not a teacher, but an awakener.Robert Frost
Teaching is the highest form of understanding.Aristotle
The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think – rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men.Bill Beattie
Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.”Bob Talbert
Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together.Scott Hayden
Those who know, do. Those that understand, teach.Aristotle
The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery.Mark Van Doren
Teaching is the one profession that creates all other professions.Unknown
I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession.John Wooden
When one teaches, two learn.Robert Heinlein
Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions.Author Unknown
If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.Chinese proverb
Your heart is slightly bigger than the average human heart, but that’s becauseAaron Bacall
you’re a teacher.
A good teacher is like a candle. It consumes itself to light the way for others.Kemal Atatürk
Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”Nelson Mandela
Teaching is not a lost art, but the regard for it is a lost tradition.Jacques Barzun
A teacher is one who makes himself progressively unnecessary.Thomas Carruthers
The true teacher defends his pupils against his own personal influence.Amos Bronson Alcott
Other Quotes About Teaching
Here is a list of other quotes about teaching and teachers.
- “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” — William Arthur Ward
- “The whole art of teaching is only the art of awakening the natural curiosity of young minds for the purpose of satisfying it afterwards.” — Anatole France
- “It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.” — Albert Einstein
- “The kids in our classroom are infinitely more significant than the subject matter we teach.” — Meladee McCarty
- “Tell me, I forget. Teach me, I learn. Involve me, I remember.” — Benjamin Franklin
- “Much learning does not teach understanding.” — George Santayana
- “It’s okay to make mistakes. Mistakes are our teachers. They help us to learn.” — John Bradshaw
- “Teachers open the door, but you must enter by yourself.” — Chinese Proverbs
- “I never teach my pupils; I only attempt to provide the conditions in which they can learn.” — Albert Einstein
- “A master can tell you what he expects of you. A teacher though awakens your own expectations.” — Patricia Neal
- “Education is the best provision for old age.” — Aristotle
- “Learning is finding out what we already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you. You are all learners, doers and teachers.” — Richard Bach
- “Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater.” — Gail Godwin
- “History is philosophy teaching by examples.” — Thucydides
- “A good teacher, like a good entertainer, first must hold his audience’s attention, then he can teach his lesson.” — John Henrik Clarke
Teaching Quotes In English: Short Teacher Quotes
Here are some short inspirational quotes for teachers.
- “I teach therefore I am.” — Anonymous
- “A gifted teacher is as rare as a gifted doctor, and makes far less money.” — Unknown
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” — Henry B. Adams
- “A good teacher is like a candle. It consumes itself to light the way for others.” — Kemal Atatürk
This list of essential teaching quotes in English is not comprehensive.
You might like this article on Good Teachers Quotes.
You might also like: