If you are one of those who enjoy snow, snow-splotched landscapes, snow-poor winter, or heavy snowfalls, you might enjoy the following sayings about snow as well as some short snow phrases.
Sayings about snow
Here are some Chinese sayings about snow.
- One buried in the snow must after a while be discovered. — Chinese saying
- He wishes to hide his footprints, and yet walks upon the snow.
- When it snows in six-leaved flakes, it is a good omen of a prosperous year.
- Unjustly-gotten wealth is but snow sprinkled with hot water; lands improperly obtained are but sandbanks in a stream.
- Unjustly got wealth is like snow sprinkled with water.
- After a heavy fall of snow, fuel, rice, oil, and salt, all dearer grow.
- Thieves steal in the rain, but not when it snows; Not in the moonlight, but when the wind blows.
- Let everyone sweep away the snow from before his own door, and not meddle with the hoar-frost on his neighbor’s tiles.
- The larger one’s roof, the more snow it will collect.
- Shovel the snow only from your own doorstep. Do not mind the frost forming on your neighbor’s roof.
- Sending charcoal in the snow is better than adding flowers to a brocade.
- He who sends charcoal in a snowstorm is the true Superior man.
- After the Small Snow, there is no plowing, after the Great Snow navigation is suspended.
- The moon, snow, and flowers cannot all be viewed at the same time. —- Japanese saying
- As the hot sun melts the snows, when anger comes, wisdom goes. —- Indian saying
- Tradition wears a snowy beard.
Other snow sayings and quotes
“A snowman is the perfect man. He’s very well rounded and comes with his own broom.” — Unknown
“Life is like a blanket of snow. Be careful how you step on it. Every step will show!” — Unknown
“Snow provokes responses that reach back to childhood.” — Andy Goldsworthdy
“When snow falls, nature listens.” — Antoinette van Kleef
Snow quotes/snowflake quotes
- “No snowflake in an avalanche feels responsible.” — Voltaire
- “Descending, winter crow, wings-spanned on a branch, shakes away the snow.”
- “Down the mountainside, waterfalls in a terraced-brook, sun on melting snow.”
- “Sugar-frosting moon; bare, black branches in the sky; snow is coming soon.”
- “Snow falling soundlessly in the middle of the night will always fill my heart with sweet clarity” — Novala Takemoto
- “Well, I know now. I know a little more how much a simple thing like a snowfall can mean to a person” — Sylvia Plath
“I miss the snow. I miss looking at it, walking in it, tasting it. I used to love those days when it was so cold everyone else would be tucked away inside trying to stay warm. I would be the only one out walking, so I could look across the fields and see miles of snow without a single footprint in it. It would be completely silent – no cars, no birds singing, no doors slamming. Just silence and snow.” — Damien Echols
Snow sayings video
Short snow phrases
The following are some short and catchy snow phrases.
- As white as snow.
- Snowed under
- Snowed up
- Snowed in
- Ice storm
- Loose snow
- Blanket of snow
- Freezing rain
- A thin wisp of snow
- Heavy wet snow
- Hitch a dog a dog to a sled.
- In sub-zero cold
- Cold-related deaths.
- The Ice Age
- Loose ice melts away
- Fast-forming ice.
- Ice crystals.
- Ice fields.
- Land ice.
- Sea ice.
- Ice slabs.
- Snow scrapers.
- Snow started to thaw.
- Snow built 3 metres high.
- Snow job
- Snow bunny
You might like these related posts: