What is banking?
Banking refers to the business activity of banks.
- Safe: a strong fireproof safe used to hold the bank’s cash supply and negotiable documents.
- Safe deposit box (= safety deposit box): a metal box for storing valuable things, usually kept in a special room at a bank.
- Coupon booth: a small closed cubicle used by a customer to open a safe deposit box.
- Vault: a reinforced fireproof room containing the bank safe and the safe deposit boxes; access to it is tightly controlled.
- ATM (Automated Teller Machine): a machine where customers use a credit card to carry ou various banking operations such as withdrawals, transfers, deposits, and bill payments.
- Cash supply: a room where bank staff replenish the automatic teller machines and collects deposits and bills.
- Information desk: kiosk where customers can obtain information about banking services.
- Financial services: offices where bank staff meet with customers to discuss financial services like investments and mortgages.
- Insurance services: offices where customers consult bank staff about insurance services for automobiles, homes, travel, etc.
- Laon services: offices where customers meet bank staff to apply for a loan.
- Information desk: a kiosk or office where customers get information about the different banking services.
- Customer service: an office where bank staff meets with customers to open bank accounts, issue debit cards, give out forms, etc.
- Professional training office: a room where the bank employees are provided with training.
- Meeting room: a room where small groups hold meetings and discussions.
- Waiting area: space reserved for customers who wait for an appointment in a particular department.
- Lobby: the bank’s entrance area.
- Reception desk: an area in which customers are met.
- Photocopier: a machine for reprography.
- Brochure rack: a rack used to display flyers and brochures containing information on services offered by the bank.
- Cloakroom: space designated for storing clothes, umbrellas, hats, and so on and so forth.
- Janitor’s closet: a room used for storing cleaning products and housekeeping supplies.
- Internet banking: also known as online banking or web banking, is an electronic payment system that enables customers of a bank or other financial institution to conduct a range of financial transactions through the bank’s website. Internet banking is also known as e banking.
You might also like to check these money-related words.