How to end a conversation (How to end a convo)
How do you end a conversation in English? How do you politely end a conversation?
There are different ways to end a conversation in English. In this post, you’ll learn how to end a conversation with a friend as well as how to politely end a conversation.
- It’s getting later.
- Oh, look at the time!
- Look at the time. I really must go.
- It’s been nice chatting with you.
- It’s been fun talking to you.
- It’s really good to see you, but I really must go.
- It’s so good to see you again.
- Let’s do lunch sometime.
- We have to make plans to get together some time.
- Let’s continue this another time. I must go now.
- Sorry, but I have to leave now.
How to end a phone conversation
- Can I call you back? something has come up.
- Can we continue this later? My other line is ringing.
- I have to get back to my work. I’ll call you again later.
- There’s someone on the other line. I must say goodbye now.
- I really have to go now. We’ll talk sometime.
- I’ll let you go now.
- I won’t keep you any longer.
How do you politely end a conversation?
There are various ways to end a conversation politely. Below are different ways to politely end a conversation.
- Well, I won’t keep you anylonger. I’ll call you after tomorrow.
- Oh, look at the time. I’m afraid I have another appointment. Let’s meet tomorrow afternoon. Bye for now.
- It has been a pleasure talking to you. Let’s get together soon.
- It’s been a great pleasure meeting you. Could I call you at the weekend?
- It’s been a pleasure talking to you. Thank you very much.
You might also like this important lesson on “how to explain in English“