When people apologize, they often say “I’m sorry”. Here is a list of other exponents that you can use to make and respond to apologies.
How to apologize
- I’m very/terribly/awfully sorry for …
- I’m really sorry about this.
- I can’t tell you how sorry I am!
- I do / must apologize.
- I sincerely apologise for…..
- Accept my sincere apologies!
- It was my fault to ……
- I just don’t know what to say.
- Look, I know I was wrong. I can’t apologise enough for …….
- Sorry, I didn’t mean it.
Responding to apologies
- That’s OK/ all right!
- Never mind!
- That’s no problem!
- Oh, that’s all right; don’t worry!
- Don’t worry about that!
- It’s not really your fault.
- Oh, never mind. It doesn’t really matter.
- Please, don’t blame yourself.
Expressions you can use to complain about something or someone
How to aplogize in English pdf
How to apologise video