Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links and at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission.
When people apologize, they often say “I’m sorry”. Here is a list of other exponents that you can use instead of ‘I’m sorry’.
How to Apologize in English/ Apologizing Examples
You can use the following expressions to say sorry. You can also use them to apologize to someone you hurt.
- I’m very/terribly/awfully sorry for …
- I’m really sorry about this.
- I can’t tell you how sorry I am!
- I do / must apologize.
- I sincerely apologise for…..
- Accept my sincere apologies!
- It was my fault to ……
- I just don’t know what to say.
- Look, I know I was wrong. I can’t apologise enough for …….
- Sorry, I didn’t mean it.
Responding to apologies
- That’s OK/ all right!
- Never mind!
- That’s no problem!
- Oh, that’s all right; don’t worry!
- Don’t worry about that!
- It’s not really your fault.
- Oh, never mind. It doesn’t really matter.
- Please, don’t blame yourself.
Expressions you can use to complain about something or someone
How to aplogize in English pdf
What's the difference between would prefer and prefer? How do you use would prefer? How do you use prefer? As a general rule, both would prefer and prefer are used to express preference. Would...
There are different types of verbs in English. Linking verbs, auxiliary verbs, action verbs, state verbs, etc. Is Are a Verb or Not? Are is a verb. Are is a form of the verb be. Are is used...