People suffer from different types of health problems and it goes without saying that each health disorder requires particular health care. It is important to consult the appropriate medical specialist so that you can get an efficient diagnosis.
Here is a list of 15 Common health problems (common health diseases) along with the right medical specialists.
- If you suffer from blurry eyesight, you need to visit an ophthalmologist/optometrist.
- If you have a skin rash, you should see a dermatologist.
- If you suffer from chronic depression, you need to visit a psychoanalyst.
- If you have got a toothache, you ought to see a dentist.
- If you suffer from dyspepsia (indigestion), you must see a gastroenterologist.
- If you have got a heart disease, you ought to see a cardiologist.
- Infants, toddlers, and children should be treated by a pediatrician.
- Disorder of the nervous system ⇒ a neurologist
- Mental and emotional diseases ⇒ a psychiatrist/psychoanalyst
- Diseases of the female reproductive system and genital tract ⇒ a gynaecologist (British spelling)/ gynecologist (American spelling)
- Diseases of the blood ⇒ a hematologist
- Women during pregnancy and childbirth ⇒ an obstetrician
- Urinary system ⇒ a urologist
- Diseases of joints and muscles (rheumatism…) ⇒ a rheumatologist
- Diseases of the ear, nose, and throat ⇒ an otolaryngologist/otorhinolaryngologist
Here is an interesting video on health problems/health issues globally.
You may like this post about Internet phrasal verbs