Good teachers quotes: Over 20 quotes about great teachers
Here is a list of famous quotes about teachers as well as famous sayings about teachers. Some of these quotes can be looked upon as inspirational teacher quotes and inspirational quotes for educators that can inspire teachers and educators to motivate and activate knowledge, curiosity, and wisdom in learners.
Good teachers quotes/ Great teacher quote
- “A teacher who is attempting to teach without inspiring the pupil with a desire to learn is hammering on cold iron.” Horace Mann
Good teacher quote/good educator quotes
- “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” Henry Brooks Adams
- “A good teacher is like a candle. It consumes itself to light the way for others.” Author Unknown
- The best teachers are those who show you where to look but don’t tell you what to see.
- “A teacher is a compass that activates the magnets of curiosity, knowledge, and wisdom in the pupils.” Terri Guillemets
- “Teaching is the profession that teaches all the other professions.” Author Unknown
- “What the teacher is, is more important than what he teaches.” Karl Meninger
- Teachers make the world a better place.
- “Teaching kids to count is fine, but teaching them what counts is best.” Bob Talbert
- “You can teach a student a lesson for a day, but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” Clay P. Bedford
- Teachers who love teaching teach children to love learning.
- “The teacher is the one who gets the most out of the lessons, and the true teacher is the learner.” Elbert Hubbard
- I wasn’t born to just teach. I was born to inspire others, to change people, and to never give up; even when faced with challenges that seem impossible.
- “The best teacher is the one who suggests rather than dogmatizes; and inspires his listener with the wish to teach himself.” Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton
- “I am not a teacher, but an awakener.” Robert Frost
- The art of teaching is the art of assisting discovery. Mark Van Doren
Quotations on teachers
- “Educators are the only people who lose sleep over other people’s children.” Nicholas A. Ferroni
- “I think the teaching profession contributes more to the future of our society than any other single profession.” John Wooden
- “You are a teacher, you are a head and for everyone, you are a leader.”Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- “If you are planning for a year, sow rice; if you are planning for a decade, plant trees; if you are planning for a lifetime, educate people.” Chinese proverb
- Students don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” Nelson Mandela
Quotations on teachers
- “A gifted teacher is not only prepared to meet the needs of today’s child but is also prepared to foresee the hopes and dreams in every child’s future.” Robert John Meehan.
- “If we are truly effective teachers, then we are creating autonomous, independent, and self-directed learners, not just successful test-takers.” Robert John Meehan.
- “Technology is just a tool. In terms of getting the kids to work together and motivating them, the teacher is the most important.” Bill Gates
- “Teachers have three loves: love of learning, love of learners, and the love of bringing the first two loves together.” Scott Hayden
- “They may forget what you said but they will not forget how you made them feel.” Carl Buechner
Quotes on teacher
This list of good teachers quotes is not exhaustive. More famous quotes on teachers /teachers quotations and quotes about great teachers will be added to the list.
I really hope you have enjoyed this list of great quotes for teachers.
Here is a list of free online courses for English teachers with certificates that you may like to do.