Free online courses for English teachers with certificate
Now, more than ever before, anyone and everyone can study online and get online degrees. Online Education has become close at hand. Thanks to online colleges, you can gain the education you want no matter the limitations of money and time.
As far as English teachers are concerned, continuous professional development (CPD) has become at hand. It has become easier for them to have access to a variety of online courses that can help them improve their everyday teaching and develop professionally.
This post will be mainly about the most important free online courses for English teachers with certificate.
The following is a list of free online courses for English teachers.
Learning and Memory: Understandings from Educational Neuroscience
Educators and language teachers can’t deny the importance of memory and memory skills in learning a language. In this course, you will cover 5 important topics:
- The unique human brain, the nervous system, and the limbic system;
- The concept of neuroplasticity;
- Implications of stress on learning and memory;
- Memory processing models;
- Authentic assessment.
How to teach online: Providing continuity for students
Following the COVI-19 spread, Futurelearn has designed this extremely important free online course for teachers, educators, lecturers, and trainers who were obliged to move from face-to-face to online teaching.
“How to teach online: Providing continuity for students” is a perfect online course for not only experienced teachers but also for novice teachers who would like to get knowledge and skills to teach online.
This free online course covers these main topics:
- Start remote teaching (Start teaching online).
- How to prepare learners for successful and effective remote learning.
- How to maintain students’ interest and engagement online.
- How to assess and get feedback from your students.
- The advantages and challenges of shifting to online teaching.
- Evaluating and reflecting on your techniques and approaches to teaching online.
Join this free e-course by clicking on this link.
Teaching young learners online
This free online course is designed by the British council, which is known for developing high-quality English language courses. This free course is for English language teachers who are interested in teaching young learners online. In this course, you will explore the theory and practice of distance teaching.
To join the “Teaching young learners online course” for free, click here.
Learning to Teach Online
“Learning to teach online” is an amazingly important free online course developed by The University of New South Wales, Sydney. This online course is hosted by Coursera, a well-known platform for its MOOC courses.
This online course deals with several crucial topics:
- The importance of online teaching + Open and institutionally supported technologies.
- How to plan online learning + Ideas to design online learning activities.
- Online assessment strategies (How to conduct assessment online)
- Online resources
- How to motivate and engage students
- Evaluation strategies
You can enroll in this course here.
Teaching EFL/ESL Reading: A Task Based Approach
Learn English online with Englishdotcom