Compound words: 20 character adjectives
Compound adjectives for character ( Compound words ) are usually used to describe people’s personality or character. The adjectives list below contains a number of compound character adjectives.
- Hard-working: always doing a lot of work.
- Good-natured: naturally friendly and does not get angry easily.
- Over-confident: too sure about yourself and your abilities.
- Self-assured: you have confidence in your own abilities.
- Strong-willed: very determined to do what you want to do.
- Weak-willed: not determined enough to succeed in what you want to do.
- Strong-minded: somebody who is strong-minded is not willing to change their opinions and beliefs.
- Broad-minded: happy to accept ideas and ways of life different to your own.
- Open-minded: willing to accept opinions and ideas which are different from yours.
- Narrow-minded: not willing to accept ideas or ways of behaving that are different from your own.
- Well-behaved: behave in a quiet and polite way.
- Self-centered: interested only in yourself.
- Bad-tempered: often annoyed, angry or impatient.
- Short-tempered: if someone is short-tempered, he or she gets angry easily for no good reason.
- Easy-going: calm and relaxed; not easily worried or upset.
- Big-headed: you think you are more intelligent or more important than you really are.
- laid-back: you are not usually worried about other people’s behavior or things that need to be done.
- Thick-skinned: if you are thick-skinned, you are not easily hurt by criticism.
- Cold-hearted: if you are cold-hearted, you don’t feel sorry about other people’s suffering.
- Self-conscious: uncomfortable or nervous because you are worried about what other people think about you or your behavior.
These adjectives describing character traits are really interesting. So, which adjectives describe your personality?
Do these character adjectives quiz here to test your knowledge.
Here, you’ll find very important words that describe appearance.
For more vocabulary check this link.