Asking for advice
Here are a variety of important expressions that you can use to ask for advice in different situations.
- What should I do?
- What can I do?
- What do you think I should do?
- What do you advise me to do?
- What would you do in this situation?
- What would you do if you were me?
- If you were me, what would you do?
- Do you think it’s a good idea to … in this situation?
- What do you suggest?
- How can I……?
- What’s the best…..?
- You had better (you’d better) + infinitive without ‘to’
- You should + infinitive without ‘to’
- Why not + infinitive without ‘to’
- You ought to …
- If I were you, I would (not) …
- I advise you to…
- Why don’t you (+infinitive without ‘to’)…?
- It may/might be a good idea to…
- Have you thought about + verb+ing?
- What/ how about + verb +ing?